Monday, February 28, 2011

8 Weeks Out from a Half Marathon

Running has pretty much become an everyday thing for me since I decided to take on the Illinois 1/2 Marathon. It takes serious dedication - I am currently in the fourth week of twelve and am proud with how much I've shredded off of my original times. Today was a 5 mile run since I went home for the weekend and couldn't fathom 5 miles on a treadmill - that would've been painful. Unfortunately, winter doesn't want to leave quite yet and thus I'm still running inside the ARC (insanely awesome workout complex at my college) on the track - 5 laps = 1 mile, thus 25 laps - yeah easy to forget what number I'm on. PTL (praise the lord) for pace.


To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine


A quote from a great runner that can only make you wanna continue to run.

Music is the other thing getting me through this training - listening to it and creating mixes for my friend Jess who is training for the half as well. 3 mixes thus far with 9 more to go.

Cheers to a healthy, injury free 4th week of training.







No comments:

Post a Comment